Retrieved and adapted from Archana Mundhe’s Ministry of Curry.
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 onion, diced (doesn’t matter type)
- 1 finger of ginger, grated (also substitute a spoonful of ginger powder)
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed (also substitute a generous amount of garlic powder)
- 2 tbsp berbere
- 1 lime’s worth of juice (optionally zest)
- 2-3 cups of water
- olive oil (other kinds okay)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
Put Instant Pot on Saute mode and heat the oil. Saute the onions until nearly translucent.
Mix in garlic and ginger for 30 seconds. Add the lentils, berbere, and a generous pinch of salt. Now pour in the water and mix.
Replace the lid and pressure cook on high for 15 min.
Once pressure is released, mix in zest and lime juice. Garnish with cilantro. Optionally, serve with rice.